Droidfish UCI parameters changing

Craig Webb

17 Oct, 2014 08:52 PM

Great idea updating Droidfish to allow changing on specific UCI parameters for every engine.

However, they don't appear to be implementing correctly, or at all, in fact; there is no difference in play when I change the parameters, which leads me to think that the engine is playing on default settings all the time.

I've even tried setting ridiculously stupid values for each certain parameters to make sure I'm not missing something. For example, setting material weight to 1 out of 200 for several engines should make them play like idiots, sacrificing material left, right and centre (I clarified this in Chess PGN Master, the only other Android chess app that allows changing on UCI options). But the engines still play like default.

Am I doing something wrong here? The settings definitely have no effect in human vs engine or engine vs engine mode. Do they apply in analysis mode only? (but that would be strange).

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by sdaassldasadsld... on 19 Oct, 2014 11:54 PM

That was because those UCI options had been deleted in the Stockfish version you had. They won't come back. The GUI authors hadn't updated their GUI to reflect the changes. Therefore, they just sent some empty UCI request which Stockfish didn't understand. Tord's Stockfish, SmallFish and Droidfish all failed to update for the changes so far.

2. 2 Posted by Craig Webb on 21 Oct, 2014 04:19 PM

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not talking about Stockfish parameters specifically. There was a recent Droidfish update that supposedly allowed changing of UCI parameters for all engines that you added to Droidfish. So I'm talking about parameters that exist for Firenzina, Rhetoric, Black Mamba, Critter, among many other Android engines.

Droidfish has a new option under Manage Chess Engines to set UCI parameters for the selected engine and displays all the parameters in a menu for you to change. It is these changes that I'm saying seem to have no effect.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

3. 3 Posted by dklsdsdklasdsdk... on 22 Oct, 2014 05:40 AM

Sorry I misunderstood your question.

http://talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54106

4. 4 Posted by Brian Morris on 15 Oct, 2016 05:49 PM

What do I set droidfish settings to obtain the highest ELO strength on a 8 minute chess game.

5. 5 Posted by raghavendra on 11 Jul, 2018 11:02 PM

What is the rating of driod fish chess engine

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac