macOS setup

DGP

12 Oct, 2018 07:25 PM

I'm watching lots of chess videos on youtube and I want to configure stockfish on my macOS 10.14 iMac to let me load chessboard configurations so I can evaluate the board setups (I am not trying to build a bot to play online, even though it may sound like that). I have successfully installed (not compiled) Stockfish for macOS. I have read the docs and I think I understand how it's supposed to work, but I may be doing something wrong. Basically I'm sending two lines of text to Stockfish via the command line. The two lines are "position fen rnbqkbnr/pppppppp/8/8/8/5N2/PPPPPPPP/RNBQKB1R b KQkq - 1 1" and "go movetime 1000". Stockfish starts up but it does not return any output back to the terminal window through standard output. All I get in return are these two lines: "2018-10-12 15:19:23.570 Stockfish[25734:20112382] Started app
2018-10-12 15:19:23.587 Stockfish[25734:20112382] [Crashlytics] Version 3.9.3 (128)" The app also appears but doesn't seem to be accepting the commands. I've tried a wide variety of different inputs but I'm thinking this executable doesn't take commands via standard input.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac